Yoga for Meditation and Relaxation
Yoga Breathing Techniques
Yoga for meditation and relaxation has many benefits to offer. One of these benefits is to help you breathe better.
These yoga breathing exercises will help you relax in the comfort of your home.
Breathing in Lotus Position
- 1. Sit in the lotus position and place your hands on the floor as shown below.
- 2. Breathe in. Breathe out. On your next inhale, lift your arms and reach your fingertips above your head, as shown below. Try to lengthen your spine as your fingertips reach for the sky.
- 3. Exhale as you bring your arms down. Take as much time moving your arms as you take breathing.
- 4. Repeat for 3 more breaths.
Breathing in Lying Down Position
- 1. Lie on your back on a yoga mat. Place your knees as shown below.
- 2. As you inhale, bring your hips up, while keeping your shoulders on the mat. While you are in this position, take two full breaths.
- 3. Slowly roll down your spine back to the mat, one vertebrae at a time, as you exhale.
- 4. Repeat 3 more times.
There is also more information about yoga for meditation and relaxation here.