These two Pilates sample exercises are easy to do for beginners. These Pilates positions and Pilates moves are great ways to work on your abdominal muscles.
There are many Pilates DVD systems that you can purchase, but these two pilates mat exercises won't cost you a penny. Are you ready to get started?
1. Lie flat on your back with your legs to a 45-degree angle.
2. Make sure your whole spine touches the mat.
3. Bring your neck up and look at your legs.
4. Raise your arms about 12 cm (6 inches) from the mat, parallel to the mat.
5. Pulse your arms up and down as you breathe in and out.
6. Repeat for 10 breathing cycles.
This second Pilates mat exercise is also very easy. Start by lying on your back on the mat.
1. While on your back, bring both your legs to a 90-degree angle.
2. Clasp your hands behind your head and bring your chin up.
3. Squeeze your buttocks, keep your legs straight and pointed and slowly lower them down by a few degrees.
4. Bring your legs back to 90 degrees.
5. Repeat for 5 to 10 repetitions.
If you're interested in finding other Pilates positions, you could purchase a book like The Pilates Body Kit: Two CDs, 70 Full Color Flash Cards, 64 Page Workbook + Journal.