How to Astral Project
Learn Astral Travel Techniques
You've decided to astral travel but you're still unsure about how to astral project or leave your body to get on the astral plane?
There are many different methods that you can use to astral project, but unfortunately not all methods work for everyone.
You'll probably have to try a few of them before you find the one that works best for you.
Yes, it's the good old "trial and error" process at work!
Different Techniques to Astral Project
Here are a few astral projecting techniques that you should try:
- Meditation Technique. Astral travelling while meditating is probably one of the easiest way to leave your body. All you need is a comfortable chair (or floor) and quiet surroundings. The general idea is to progressively relax every part of your body while either focusing on a single thought (mantra) or trying to empty your mind. You will need to ignore physical feelings during meditation and fully relax.
At some point you may start to feel a vibration or a wave taking over your body. This is a sign that your consciousness is about to leave your body. At this point, it is important that you keep focusing on your mantra or emptiness. Your astral body should detach momentarily and your body will have learned how to astral project.
- Swing Technique. Remember those swings and how much fun they were when you were a kid?
This technique involves mentally picturing yourself on a swing with your head being the centre of rotation. It is best done while sitting comfortably with your eyes closed.
You need to gradually imagine your body swingly higher and higher until your astral body detaches itself from your physical body.
- Gradual Detachment Technique. This technique is best done lying down. You need to relax your body and mind first. Once you are fully relaxed, focus on your toes until you feel them detaching. Once this is done, then focus on getting the next part of your body detached. Your head should be the last part to detach.
- Hypnotism Technique. Obviously, if you have access to an hypnotherapist, this would be the best way to achieve astral projection through hypnotism. If you don't have access to an hypnotherapist, then you could get some tools such as a rotating spiral and oscillating music.
- Affirmation Technique. The word affirmation probably clued you in. You need to repeat to yourself frequently that you can astral travel. Make sure that you can use the present tense in your affirmation. You can use such affirmations as: "I am ready to astral travel" or "I am going to leave my body now."
- Chakra Technique. Chakras are energy centres within our body. There are 7 main chakras that need to be activated to ease astral travel. By focusing on their respective locations in the right sequence and focusing on what each chakra represents, you can open these energy channels. This is one way to use your psychic energy to increase your consciousness. More time can be spent working with your chakras if you want to improve your spiritual life. Opening your chakras will make it easier to learn how to astral project.
Learning how to astral project is a long process. Review the preparation steps here.