Free Relaxation Techniques
This entire Relaxation at Home website was created to provide you with free relaxation techniques that can conveniently be used in the comfort of your home.
Remember to leave blame and guilt at the door, then come in and relax.
If you don't know where to start, I recommend these top ten tips for relaxation, these instant relaxation exercises and great relaxation ideas.
Quick Note: You have to stop worrying about destiny and what you were meant to be. You're here, right now, so you might as well enjoy yourself and perhaps take action towards change if you strongly believe that you are on a dead-end road.
Learning to Relax at Home
Your home is probably the best environment in which to relax because you control that environment (or most of it anyway). If needed, you can send your husband out with the kids or hire a maid to thoroughly clean up the house before you get started, but do no give up in finding time to relax at home.
Free Relaxation Techniques For Everyone!
There are many different free relaxation techniques available to you in the comfort of your home:
- Aromatherapy. I have gathered lots of useful information on essential oils, carrier oils and diffusers on this aromatherapy page.
Obviously, in order to use aromatherapy at home, you will have to buy essential oils and a diffuser of some sort, but make sure to read the information provided on this website to discover if aromatherapy is for you before you invest money.
- Astral Travel. You may feel that this new age technique is not for you, but don't hesitate to give it a try. It won't cost you a penny and the worst thing that you could happen is that you fall asleep with your body fully relaxed. How bad could it be? Learn to astral project today.
- Breathing. Well, this one is as free as it gets (until the government decides to tax the air...) Make sure to read this useful information on using proper breathing techniques. You may be surprised to learn that you forgot how to breathe correctly to get rid of stress!
- Comfort Food. It works both psychologically and physically (as long as you don't over indulge!) and it tastes great. Check out some of my favorite comfort food recipes or some of these delicious
fondue recipes for appetizers, meals and desserts.
- Feng Shui. It may be hard to believe it at first, but your furniture and your home may be working against you! Yes, you read right.
Fortunately, the Chinese discovered how energy flow and furniture location can affect your overall well-being, wealth, health, good fortune and more. It may be time to repaint your walls or move your furniture to a more suitable location. Getting the feng shui information you need to get started won't cost you a penny.
- Games. Playing games on the computer is a nice way to forget about your worries for a few minutes.
It allows you to forget about work for an instant and relax.
You can then come back to your tasks feeling refreshed.
- Meditation. You may already be meditating but under another name. Some call it prayer, some call it reflecting on a situation, some call it thinking... You can also focus on your
seven main chakras locations and practice
awakening your chakra to improve several aspects of your life. It's free and it's a great tool that you can learn to use daily in your fight against stress.
- Music. Music is a wonderful way to relax while improving your physical, mental and emotional health. If you don't quite believe this statement, try it out for yourself. Sit comfortably and listen to some of your favorite songs. You can also buy some relaxation music online.
- Pilates. Pilates are a trendy way to exercise at home on a mat. It consists of simple moves that improve your core muscles and your overall appearance by tightening your muscles (and skin). It's a great way to relax and get rid of some stress about our health and physical appearance! Get started with pilates today!
- Reading. I review one fiction and non-fiction
book of the month for you right here. If picking a book was the only thing holding you back, you should be ready to go now.
Don't forget about the libraries in your town or city! Reading doesn't have to be an expensive relaxation technique! My book of the month is rarely a new release, so your local library should have a copy or two in stock.
- Sleep. Need I say more? You need to get enough good-quality sleep. If you are suffering from insomnia, make sure to read more about sleep and insomnia.
- Tea. What better way to relax at home than to enjoy a delicious and healthy cup of tea? Plenty of flavours to choose from:
black tea, oolong tea, green tea, white tea and herbal tea.
- Yoga Don't assume that yoga costs a fortune! It could... but all you really need is comfortable clothing and a clean, non-slippery surface (preferably padded). I provide some information on basic yoga poses such as the yoga sun salutation and other poses on this website. Yoga can help you relax with the added benefit of improving your flexibility. There are a lot more benefits that can come from yoga, but first, you need to get started with some yoga basics!
Other Free Relaxation Techniques
Of course, there are other free relaxation techniques that you can use at home. Are you prone to panic attacks? Here's a great site that can help you learn to overcome panic attacks and agoraphobia.
Here are some other free relaxation techniques that you can use to relax at home:
- Take daily supplements such as multi-vitamins to ensure you get all the nutrients you need to function well.
- Do nothing for a few minutes.
- Read and meditate on some relaxation quotes.
- Why not watch a relaxation DVDs on meditation or yoga? The images and sounds are very soothing.
- Take a nice, warm bubble bath.
- Give and/or receive a massage.
- Have a romantic evening with your partner.
- Take control of your finances, relationship and achieve your New Year's resolutions this time.
- Eat low-fat, low-sodium food and try to remove most sugar and processed food from your diet.
- Invest time in discovering other great ways to relax and empower yourself, such as self-hypnosis.
- Have a natural health lifestyle and enjoy optimum well being by focusing on the simple, everyday lifestyle choices that impact your health and the health of those around you.
- Laugh every chance you get.
- Invest in your health and wellness. Sometimes a little more information about it can go a long way.
- Listen to your favorite song.
- Clean up the house, one drawer or one shelf at a time.
- Perhaps it's time to take a holiday. Learn to prepare yourself and relax during your vacations.
- Your stress and anxiety levels are really high and you don't know where to start? Do you need a panel of experts available to answer questions or would you like to have access to an ever-expanding bank of lectures and other educational resources?
Why not ask the neurologist?
- Are your stress levels are so high that you don't know where to turn to anymore and you started thinking about the unthinkable... It's time to get the help you need, right here, right now. Your relationship with others is based on your relationship with yourself.
Online Counseling Services remove what holds you back in your personal and spiritual growth.
More Free Relaxation Techniques
If you want to discover more free relaxation techniques, sign up for my newsletter or subscribe to my RSS feed. It will provide you with the latest additions to the Relaxation-at-Home website, including more free relaxation techniques.
SelfGrowth.com - - SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Self -Improvement, Personal Growth and Self Help on the Internet. It is designed to be an organized directory, with articles and references to thousands of other Web Sites on the World Wide Web.
ENHANCED HEALING - Relaxation music, positive affirmations and online counseling for reducing stress and anxiety, promoting health, wellness and healing and improving self-esteem