Make sure to have the following items before you get started. If you're unfamiliar with some of these terms, learn more about spa equipment.
1. Make sure that the room is at an adequate temperature. I recommend 25C (77F) but you can adjust the temperature depending on the climate you live in and your personal preference.
2. Lay one large bath towel on a flat surface. The towel should be large enough to fit under the person's entire body. If not, use 2 towels. It is important to cover the surface well, especially if you are using a carpeted area. It will make the cleaning up part so much easier!
3. Immerse the four hand towels in very warm water. You can use rubber gloves if your hands are sensitive. Wring the towels and place them in the Spa Thermal Unit (or your cooler).
5. Invite the person who will be receiving the treatment to lay down on his/her front.
1. Warn the person that you will be beginning now. Dip your fingers in the bowl of water and moisten the skin on the back of your partner. Take approximately 15 ml (1 Tbsp) of exfoliating scrub product. Rub it between your hands so that the inside of your hands is covered and ready to pass on to the skin of your partner.
2. Using a circular stroke, scrub your partner's back. Don't be too gentle: your goal is to exfoliate the skin. Don't be too hard either, you don't want your partner to start bleeding! The skin is likely to redden a little, especially on people with fair skin, because of the increased blood flow close to the surface of the skin.
5. Use the loofah sponge and moisten it using the hot water in the bowl. Add a few drops of liquid soap or bubble bath. Repeat the circular motion with approximately the same pressure you used with the exfoliating scrub. Cover your partner's back and legs.
6. Use a new hot towel from your Spa Thermal Unit and remove all the soap suds.
7. It's now time for your partner to roll on his/her back. Repeat the same steps for the legs, abdomen and neck. If the person receiving the treatment is male, you can also exfoliate the chest. DO NOT exfoliate a woman's chest as most exfoliants are too harsh for the delicate skin on a woman's breast. Similarly, DO NOT exfoliate the face with a body exfoliating scrub product. The skin of your face is too sensitive. However, you can use an exfoliating cream that was designed for the face.
8. Once you have exfoliated, washed off, soaped and washed off those areas, use another towel to pat dry your partner's skin. It's now time to moisturize! Spend 2 to 3 minutes on the front of their body, working the moisturizing lotion into the skin. The skin should readily absorb the lotion at this point.
IMPORTANT: It's now time for your partner to turn around, but you will change the towel under him/her as they turn around. You don't want them to cover their newly cleansed and moisturized skin with exfoliating cream from the towel!
9. Moisturize the back and legs for another 2 to 3 minutes.
You're done! You can also purchase your own exfoliating scrub products. If you have a tendency to get zits, I recommend the Proactiv Solution 5-piece kit. You can make your own
body scrub mixture to personalize your exfoliating scrub treatment.