Learn the Yoga Pose Dolphin Asana
The dolphin asana is a great way to prepare your body for more advanced yoga poses such as the head stand.
Please note that the dolphin position is one of the many steps you will have to master prior to attempting the head stand.
Don't assume that if you can master the dolphin yoga position you are ready for head stand...
Patience, practice and relax...
Get Ready for the Dolphin Sequence of Asanas
- 2. Bend and lower both your elbows and forearms to the floor.
- 3. Move your hands and interlace your fingers so they form a fist in front of you. Keep the rest of your body in downward facing dog. This is the first half of the dolphin pose.
- 4. Exhale as you bring your chin in front of your fist. Shift your weight forward. This is the second half of the dolphin position.
- 5. Inhale as you return to the first dolphin position.
- 6. Exhale and go into the second half of the dolphin pose.
- 7. Repeat up to 4 times.
- 8. Rest in child's pose.
Learn how the dolphin asana can help you relax in the comfort of your home.