Factors Preventing Astral Projection
You've been practicing astral projection, (also called OBE or astral travel) regularly and it still isn't happening for you? Here are some common reasons why you might not be astral travelling as planned.
What Can Prevent Astral Travel?
These factors are the most common reasons why people fail to leave their body:
- You are afraid. Do you think that something bad might happen? Fear is the number one reason why people can't successfully leave their physical body. If this is your case,
ease your mind and discover why astral projection is not dangerous.
- You ate too much. Astral travel is best done about 3 hours after eating a light meal. Also, some believe that a vegetarian diet may be better.
- You are distracted. Don't let every day problems keep you from achieving and Out of Body Experience (OBE). If you have too much on your mind, try writing down what worries you, and that way, you can think about it tomorrow morning when you get up. You should also avoid television or phone conversations just before astral travelling. Light physical exercise like yoga or light pilates can help you forget about your problems.
Other Factors Preventing OBE
The next factors also prevent your astral self from leaving your physical self:
- Your physical environment is not adequate. If you have roommates or a family, it is best to attempt astral travel when they are away or sleeping. Disconnect the phone if possible and keep the room temperature warm, at least 68 F or 20 C.
- You are not focused enough. You need to have a strong desire to astral travel. You also need to know where you are going and what you expect to learn and/or who you expect to see.
- You are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. It is best to astral travel cold and sober. Same goes for cigarettes, although their effects does not last as long. You should refrain from smoking at least 3 hours prior to astral travelling.
- You drank tea, cola or coffee. You should avoid caffeine before astral travelling. Black tea, cola, energy drinks and coffee should be avoided in the 3 hours preceding your attempt to astral travel.
- You have a negative attitude. You need to believe in yourself and know that you will be successful. If not, practice some more until you are ready.
- You are not relaxed enough. Your physical body and mind both need to feel relaxed in order to achieve astral projection.
Additional Tips to Promote Astral Projection
If you feel like you could use a few tips on relaxation, review these preparation steps for astral projection.