Aromatherapy Skin Care Sessions
Aromatherapy skin care products can greatly enhance your life and allow you to relax at home while pampering yourself.
The following treatments are all easy to do in the comfort of your home and are based on easy aromatherapy recipes.
This entire body aromatherapy skin care treatment serves three important purposes: it exfoliates the skin (removes dead cells), improves blood circulation and increases the skin's absorbency so that moisturizers can better hydrate and moisturize your skin.
You will need a natural bristle brush, a large towel (keep in mind that it will get pretty dirty so you may want to use an old towel), a bowl, 1/2 cup of finely ground oats, 1/2 cup of ground almonds, 1 teaspoon of dried, finely ground orange peel, 1 teaspoon of rosehip granules, 5 drops of jasmine essential oil, body lotion and warm water.
- 1. Mix the oats, almonds, orange peel and rosehip granules in the bowl.
- 2. Add the essential oil and enough warm water to make a fine and crumbly solution.
- 3. Stand over the towel and cover your body with the mixture. Use pressure and small circular movements to ensure that the small particles in the scrub mixture disloge dead skin cells. The mixture will dry off quickly.
- 4. Most of the mixture should fall off on its own. Use the soft brush to remove any leftover on your skin. It's important to use short brisk movements in the direction of the heart to activate blood circulation.
- 5. Apply your favorite body lotion if you want once this aromatherapy skin care treatment is over.
Here's another aromatherapy skin care session you can do in the comfort of your home. It will help open up and cleanse your pores as well as remove toxins and dead cells. It's a good idea to enjoy a facial steam once a week, especially for those who have oily skin.
You will need a large bowl of boiling water, a large towel, 5 to 10 drops of essential oil appropriate to your skin type, a face cloth, a kitchen timer and a light moisturizer. If you are looking for an online aromatherapy supplier, read this page.
- 1. Fill the bowl with boiling water.
- 2. Add 5 to 10 drops of essential oil to the boiling water and mix.
- 3. Set timer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Hold your face about 7 to 10 cm (3 to 4 inches) above the water and place the towel so that it covers both your head and the bowl.
- 5. Keep your eyes closed. If vapors are too strong, remove the towel for a minute of so, then recover your head. Repeat as necessary.
- 6. Stay there for about 5 minutes (until the timer goes off).
- 7. Soak the face cloth in cold water and gently press onto your face to close the pores.
- 8. Apply light moisturizer.
Note: You shouldn't attempt this aromatherapy skin care treatment if there are spider veins or broken veins on your face, if you have a sunburn and/or any other condition that makes your skin sensitive.
Who doesn't want to promote hair growth while relaxing and getting rid of headaches? A hair and scalp massage can do just that with the added benefit that it will reduce scaling.
Make sure you have 2 to 3 hours to devote to this aromatherapy skin care session before you get started. You will need to select a carrier oil and an essential oil. The following table should be useful.
|Dry, Itchy Scalp||Jojoba Oil||Dark Hair: Rosemary|
|Blond or Red: Chamomile|
|Hair Conditioning||Evening Primrose Oil||Dark Hair: Rosemary|
|Blond or Red: Chamomile|
|Dandruff||Neem Oil||Lavender or |
Mix the essential oil to the carrier oil in the following ratio for short or thin hair:
Use the following ratio for long or thick hair:
You will also need a small microwaveable cup to heat your mixed oil, some plastic wrap, a couple of towels, shampoo and conditioner.
- 1. Place a couple of towels in the dryer (hot setting).
- 2. Mix carrier and essential oils and heat in microwave. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- 3. Make sure the oil isn't too hot before proceeding further. To test it, you can apply a small drop to the back of your hand.
- 4. Apply the oil to your hair, as if you were dying it, covering every strand. Using small circular movements, massage your scalp with your fingertips. Make sure to use enough pressure and to cover every bit of your scalp.
- 5. Wrap your hair in plastic wrap.
- 6. Take the first towel from the dryer and wrap it around your head.
- 7. Replace with the other towel when it cools off.
- 8. Leave oil in your hair for at least 2 hours. Use this extra time to catch up on a book you've been meaning to read.
- 9. Shampoo and rinse.
- 10. Shampoo and rinse again.
- 11. Once this aromatherapy skin care treatment is over, apply hair conditioner but use a little less than you would normally use.
Note: The information contained on this aromatherapy skincare page is for educational purposes only and does not replace the advice of a physician and/or other health specialist. Precautions must be taken to ensure aromatherapy does not conflict with existing medical conditions.