In this month's newsletter, I'd like to share some relaxation tips for men. While Dad may not readily admit to getting stressed out very often, all men also suffer from stress and anxiety from time to time. With Father's Day coming up on June 21, you should remember to thank them for helping you become who you are today and maybe give them a few tips to relax at home.
As you may have noticed, Relaxation-at-Home is still in the process of getting its facelift. I once again apologize for the mix of old and new pages but I am about half-way done and everything should be back to normal by the end of June.
Most men will not volunteer for a facial or manicure but most will accept a nice foot massage.
Another option is to pamper him (or let him pamper himself) with some manly aromatherapy shower gel like the Freeze Shower Gel shown here. If you want to get it from LUSH, click here then select your country then search for "freeze".
Freeze Shower Gel
Relaxation Tips for Men
If the men in your life have small children at home, why not offer to babysit for a weekend? I'm sure Dad would appreciate sleeping in for once!
If Dad is open-minded, you can also try this great relaxation exercise with him. Ask him to lie down comfortably on the bed and read these instructions slowly. Make sure to pause between each to allow him to follow your instructions. You may want to play some relaxation music in the background.
- Close your eyes and relax. Let your body sink into the mattress.
- Start by feeling your feet. Feel how heavy they are. Feel your feet sinking into the mattress.
- Now think about your lower legs. Relax these muscles and feel how heavy they are. Feel your calves sinking into the mattress.
- Move up to your knees. Loosen your knees and relax your legs. Feel your knees becoming heavy and sinking into the mattress.
- Now think about your thighs. Tighten and loosen your thigh muscles. Feel your thighs becoming heavy and relaxed and let them sink into the mattress.
- Move up to your hands. Wiggle your fingers and relax. Feel your hands becoming heavy and sinking into the mattress.
- Now focus on your arms. Loosen your elbows and relax your arm muscles. Feel your arms becoming really heavy and let them sink into the bed.
- Move up to your bum and abdomen area. Feel your body becoming more and more relaxed and heavy. Feel your middle body sinking into the bed.
- Now think about your back. Let go of your worries, relax your shoulders and breathe deeply. Let your back relax and sink into the mattress.
- Move up to your neck. Let go of the tension that exists in your neck. Feel your neck becoming heavy and sinking into the mattress.
- Move up to your face. Let your eyebrows fall away from each other. Let go of any facial expression. Relax and feel your head becoming heavy and sinking into the mattress.
- Now breathe in and let your breath reach every part of your body.
- Breathe out and relax.
- Breathe in and open your eyes when you're ready.
Book of the Month
Don't forget to check out my my two book of the month recommendations (one fiction and one non-fiction) right here:Book of the Month
Last Minute Father's Day Gift Ideas
As you probably know by now, men find meat particularly comforting and relaxing. If you find this hard to believe, you can read these psychological articles on comfort food.
Why not give Dad delicious beef and free burgers for him to cook outside on his BBQ?
Save up to 64% plus 12 FREE Burgers
Old Fashion Black Licorice Cigars with Red Glow Tip From Canada
If Dad is vegetarian, you might want to give him something else like
Battlestar Galactica Blend at Adagio Teas
Photoshop or all current special offers on Adobe products
I will be changing the remaining pages to bring you a more pleasant web surfing experience on Relaxation at Home. Stay posted and come back to visit Relaxation at Home.
That's it for this month.
Relax and enjoy! Happy Father's Day to all fathers out there!