In just a week, summer will officially be over. I hope that you had fun with your family and friends and that you enjoyed everything the weather had to offer.
I apologize for sending this newsletter a couple of weeks late, but I was away on a road trip through Canada and the USA and I wanted to change the timing of the release. So, this newsletter will be sent around mid-month from now on.
In this month's newsletter, I'll share with you some of the relaxation techniques that I personally use to relax at home or at work when I don't have much time to spare.
When I feel stressed out and don't have much time to relax and unwind, I harness the power of aromatherapy. While the initial investment in buying essential oils may seem a little high (considering the size of the bottle....) every drop is worth its weight in golden relaxation or improved efficiency.
I combine my favorite essential oils to give me a powerful energy and concentration boost and I put a few drops into my diffuser and breathe in. Here is the combination I use:
When I need to relax in the tub, I use a little ylang ylang, vanilla and/or jasmine, depending on my mood.
- Neroli. The citrus scent of this oil makes me happy, especially on those morning when I have difficulty getting out of bed. I also add some lemon oil when I need a more powerful boost.
- Basil. Basil is great at improving my mental awareness.
- Peppermint. I find this oil to be very energizing - a small drop goes a long way.
- Black Pepper. This oil works great at improving concentration and focus.
- Rosemary. This oil has a very strong aroma, and very little is needed. It stimulates the mind and helps improve memory and prevents fatigue.
Reflexology in a Pinch
You may be familiar with reflexology, an age-old technique where you apply pressure to specific points in order to improve circulation and relax.
Here is a quick relaxation technique that I recommend you try when life gets too stressful:
- Pinch each one of your fingertips.
- Grab each one of your fingers at the base and gently yet firmly tug on them one at a time.
- As you pull each finger, loosen your grip as you approach the finger tip.
- Repeat as needed and don't forget to breathe deeply!
If you haven't been on the site recently, you may be interested in learning more about home spa treatments that were recently posted on Relaxation at Home:
Relaxation Facial, Shower, Bath and Foot Care
Facials, Manicures and Pedicures
Book of the Month
Don't forget to check out my my two book of the month recommendations (one fiction and one non-fiction) right here:Book of the Month for September 2009
Good Deals from LUSH Cosmetics
I subscribe to the LUSH newsletter and they regularly send me some coupon codes to use when I order their products online at LUSH Cosmetics.
This month, you can receive a free Karma product when you spend $65 (offer ends Sept 24). Click on the previous link to visit their site and enter FREEKARMA at checkout and you will be prompted to choose the Karma product of your choice (50 g Karma Kream, 8 ml Karma fragrance, Karma solid perfume, Karma soap, Karma bubble bar, Karma Komba solid shapoo bar or Karma dusting powder). Visit LUSH Cosmetics
for more details.
also has another deal: spend $70 or more at LUSH.ca
and receive FREE shipping within Canada on your next order with promo code LUSHFRIEND4LIFE at checkout.(Valid until Sept 30)
Stay posted and come back to visit Relaxation at Home.
That's it for this month and you'll get more relaxation tips from me around mid-October.
Relax and enjoy the last week of summer!!